The College of Nursing at the University of Tennessee, Knoxville, is a nationally recognized leader in the education of highly-skilled, visionary nurses. The College of Nursing was established in July 1971 in response to a long-recognized and well-established need for nurses prepared at the collegiate level. We currently enroll 471 students in our undergraduate nursing programs, 124 students in our master`s program, and 50 in our doctoral programs. Since opening our doors, we have awarded 3,705 bachelors degrees and 1,419 graduate degrees.
- Dr. Clifton J. Kenon Jr., a PhD student in Nursing at the University of Tennessee, has been awarded the 2012 Indian Health Service Luana Reyes Leadership Award. This top award was presented to Dr. Kenon on November 18 at the Smithsonian Museum in Washington, D.C. Read more (PDF) about Dr. Kenon and his award!
- The College of Nursing has a job opening for an Associate or Full Professor in Geriatric Nursing. To apply, go to the Job Opportunities portion of the website.
- The College of Nursing has job openings for an Executive Associate Dean for Academics, Tenure Track/Tenured Faculty and Health Information Technology faculty positions. To apply, go to the Job Opportunities portion of the website.
- Interested in becoming an Adjunct Faculty at the College of Nursing? This position required at least 40 hours of volunteer service to the College of Nursing annually. Service can be guest lecturer, assisting in the learning lab or simulation center, serving on student or college committees, precepting students and other volunteer activities. To apply, go to the Job Opportunities portion of the website.
- The American Psychiatric Nursing Association (APNA) recently honored Dr. Marian Roman with the 2013 Award for Innovation for her work aiding people with mental illness in the Knoxville community. Read more about Dr. Roman's work in Tennessee Today.
- The College of Nursing is currenting searching for a HITS Assistant, Associate, or Full Professor. Please check out our job posting (PDF) for more information.
- Dr. Nan Gaylord has been selected as a 2013 Health Care Hero in Community Outreach in the Knoxville area. This award honors an individual or organization that reached out of the normal sphere of operation to focus attention on a health care issue or help solve a community problem. Congratulations Dr. Gaylord!
- The TN Organization of Nursing Executives is offering a scholarship award to nursing students. The purpose of this award is to provide financial support to prospective nursing students who have been accepted for admission or who are attending a TN Board of Nursing approved institution. Download the application (PDF) to apply!
- Dr. Lisa Lindley is featured on the 10 News at Five newscast hosted by WBIR in Knoxville, TN. Watch the video here (links to WBIR website).
- The current issue of Tennessee Legacies features a story on Rita Silen, a 1974 graduate of the UT College of Nursing. Click the link above to read her story (PDF).
College of Nursing
1200 Volunteer Blvd,
Knoxville, TN 37996
Phone: (865) 974-4151
Fax: (865) 974-3569